I'll never capitalize cancer

I have alot going on in my life, more than just cancer and chemo. Sure it's a big part of my life right now, but it's not the most important part of my life. You will never see me spell it with a capital "c".

I'm a Wife and Mom. I love my Family. I have good Friends. We do fun stuff and dumb stuff and sometimes we argue and then we laugh again. We go to work and to the grocery store and we go swimming and have birthday parties and get ready for the first day of school.

I keep saying that I don't want ovarian cancer to define me, but sometimes I just can't help it.

A good friend put it this way for me "cancer may be defining your life for the moment, but it is not your entire life. You seem to just make time for it." That made me feel better.

If you want to see it from the beginning, my cancer story begins in March.

The rest of my story is happening now.

Friday, September 4, 2009

First Friday in Groves tonight!

Look for me under the Advocare tent tonight at First Friday in Groves. Come by to sample Spark and find out about our newest products and learn more about Advocare's financial opportunity.

First Friday in Groves Invites TJ Graduates for Reunion Night.

First Friday is a merchant-sponsored street fair held on the first Friday of every month on Lincoln Avenue in Groves. This month, First Friday extends a special invitation to all graduates of Thomas Jefferson High School for Reunion Night on Friday, September fourth, from six to nine P.M. Come clad in your school colors and join in on the fun.

The amazingly talented Bryce Shaver Band will be playing live music. Comprised of highly skilled musicians all younger than sixteen, this band is unique to say the least. These young artists play classic rock hits from the seventies and eighties as well as original songs. The band will perform at Celebration Park.

Disc Jockey Donna Marx will preside entertainment including recorded music and trivia, while Sunny the Clown and the Jester will paint faces and give away balloon animals. Shops will remain open until nine P.M and various merchants will display their merchandise along the avenue between Capitol and Jefferson.

0 comments: